Scottish Fisheries Museum (Anstruther, UK)
Since 2015 Leonardo Bortolami has coordinated the activities of the Scottish Fisheries Museum’s boatyard. The tasks in which he is involved are the development of the boat building activities such as restorations, ordinary maintenance and new buildings. The boatyard is now open not only to the museum’s boat but also to private restorations and building projects.
Thanks to the previous experiences and to the collaboration with the curatorial office and archaeological company, the boatyard can offer high quality standards for the whole restoration process.
Leonardo’s most common activities are:
- historic vessel restorations and repairs;
- coordination of the staff, volunteers and trainees at the boatyard;
- training of young people on theoretical and hands-on activities;
- activities of optimisation and management of the working spaces and health & safety;
- supervision of the maintenance and restoration of Reaper, sailing Fifie flagship of the museum